This Thursday marks the start of the United States best league with a really terrible post-season.
These are my must see games of the weekend.
North Texas @ FIU This game will either be huge for the Sun Belt, or mean nothing in a conference that is constantly in flux.
UNLV @#11 Wisconsin Could be a trap for Wisconsin.
#14 TCU @ Baylor This Battle of the Texan teams could prove difficult for the Horned Frogs without Andy Dalton.
Appalachian State @ #12 Virginia Tech Even though App. State is a “lower division” they always are a potential trap.
#5 Boise State @ #19 Georgia The Broncos season could be over with a loss this week, so expect a barn burner.
Florida Atlantic @ # 22 Florida This game will probably be a blowout but it’s Schnellenberger’s last season as a coach; sad end of an era in NCAA Football
#3 Oregon V. # 4 LSU Dallas will be host of the most important game of the season opener, the winner will be everyone’s new favorite to win the championship.
Miami @ Maryland This game will be interesting to see how Miami deals with the mass of suspended players and try to claim victory.
Here are my picks for the Heisman I’m doing a top 5 right now.
1. Andrew Luck, barring injury or a terrible collapse this guy is a lock.
2. Denard Robinson, while it’s too early to say for sure the impact he’ll have with Brady Hoke’s new offensive scheme the numbers he may produce are too huge to discount.
3. Trent Richardson, if Alabama gets to the NCAA title game it’ll be because Trent ran everyone over.
4. Kellen Moore, Boise State always brings the pass, even on the first play of the game his numbers and potential BCS bid could place him at number one.
5. Lamichael James, Oregon will have a tougher road this year (see above) but, James could easily put up record numbers in that offense.
I’m not placing Taylor Martinez on this list for one reason, inexperience. Not his, Nebraska’s with the Big 10. But keep an eye on him.